1.28.2010

Who Didn't Draw Blakeni...

It's so strange, I can say honestly that I've never enjoyed painting at all... but for some reason I don't know what it is. But I am really enjoying working with watercolors, I always sucked at painting and tried in my high school art classes to steer away from it. Here though, it's inevitable! So I'm trying to embrace that as a time to try and really learn and experience it differently and I am really liking the watercolor assignments. The only part I'm not so fond of is trying to mix paints to get the exact color your looking for. But this new assignment for Suzanne, we were to draw 3 accessories on fellow classmates creating a vignette or sorts, so my lovely assistants were Kayla, Blakeni (of course!), and Colleen. I also tried to work on composition a little more in this one and ended up liking the way I laid out all my images. 

1 comment:

  1. You never cease to amaze me Mister Mears :-) i'm always a bit anxious to see what you're going to compose for each assignment. I draw some of my inspiration from you and how you think outside of the box. Continue with the great work!

    ReplyDelete