1.31.2011

JENGA 1.0

As you can see from my previous post, this first studio project resulted in one of my longest weeks ever! But it's a relief because it's over... until the next one and I'm caught up on sleep and refreshed!


But anyways, this project began with three individual spaces, different sizes which functioned all the same way. These three spaces revolved around a concept word which we were assigned and my word was "GLIDE". Each space though was different iterations of our concept word. My first space was an attempt to convey sleek and smooth, second was the idea of floating, and lastly was aviation and soaring/sailing. Also in these separate units, we had kits to place within them. Our options for kits were: two "solids", two walls and one column, and two columns and one wall. Initially I began like everyone else with looking up the actual word and it's synonyms and such. From there, I went from ideas in my head to physically putting them on paper and translating that into the digital realm. Along the way we also were given the chance to narrate and diagram our spaces in an attempt to help us progress. 


Our final outcome was to produce a series of technical drawings and 3D models for the three spaces. I also chose to experiment some with Podium and create some perspectives to illustrate materiality and get a better picture for the entire space. 


FIRST SPACE (11'x32'-4")
KIT: two columns, one wall



SECOND SPACE (22'x22')
KIT: two solids



THIRD SPACE (22'x32'-4")
KIT: two walls and one column



No comments:

Post a Comment